DREDGING CORPORATION OF INDIA LIMITED
(A Government of India Undertaking)
ADVERTISEMENT NO -1 /2018
Dredging Corporation of India Limited, the largest Public Sector undertaking in the field of Dredging under the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India with a status of “Mini-Ratna” Category-I, requires Dredge Cadets, Trainee Marine Engineers, Trainee.
Electrical Officers and Near Coastal Vessel Trainees (GP Rating) on contract basis:-
DREDGE CADETS (ON CONTRACT BASIS)
|1||DREDGE CADETS (ON CONTRACT BASIS)||Should have completed Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) from Institutes|
approved by D.G. Shipping.
|2||TRAINEE MARINE ENGINEER (ON CONTRACT BASIS)||Should have completed 4 years Degree in Marine Engineering from any IMU|
affiliated colleges/ Institutes approved by DG Shipping.
|3||TRAINEE ELECTRICAL OFFICER (ON CONTRACT BASIS)||Should have completed 4 years Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Electronics & Telecommunication/Communication Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation recognized by any State or Central Government or AICTE and must have completed 4 months Electro Technical Officer course from DG Shipping Approved Institutes. Age: Not more than 30 years as on 30.06.2018 (relaxable for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC|
as per Government of India Guidelines).
|4||NCV(TRAINEES) (GP RATING) (ON CONTRACT BASIS)||Minimum Xth Class Pass from recognized Education Board and Pre-Sea G.P|
Rating Course and passed the Exit Examination approved by D.G Shipping
with minimum 60% aggregate marks. Age: Not more than 25 years as on
15.08.2018 for all categories.
|Notification Click Here|
The period of training will be 18 months for Dredge Cadets & NCVT, 8 months for Electrical Officers and 6 months for Marine Engineers. The training may be extended / curtailed based on the Corporation’s/ DG Shipping Requirement.
1. How to apply
CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO APPLY ONLINE THROUGH DCIL WEBSITE : www.dredge-india.com in career section.
Candidates are advised to go to Career Section and click the relevant link under “Floating Establishment” and follow the instructions for submitting the on-line application. No other means/ mode of application shall be accepted. Website will be opened from 10.00 hrs on 16.06.2018 to 17.00 hrs on 01.07.2018.
Candidate shall apply separately for each discipline. Applications not submitted through online properly will not be considered. The scanned copies of the following documents, as applicable, should be uploaded along with the application.
i) A recent passport size colour photograph.
ii) 10th Class pass certificate/ Statement of Marks as proof of date of birth.
iii) 6 months Pre-Sea Course in GP Rating Course Completion Certificate issued by the DG Shipping approved Institute [applicable to Near Coastal Vessel (Trainees)]
iv) 6 months Pre-Sea Course in GP Rating Exit Certificate issued by Board of Examinations for Seafarers Trust [applicable to Near Coastal Vessel (Trainees)]
v) Diploma in Nautical Sciences Course Certificate issued by DG Shipping approved Institute [applicable to Dredge Cadets].
vi) Must have completed 4 years Degree in Marine Engineering from any IMU affiliated colleges/ Institutes approved by DG Shipping [applicable to Trainee Marine Engineering.
vii) Should have completed 4 years Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Electronics & Telecommunication/Communication Engineering or Electronics &
Instrumentation recognized by any State or Central Government or AICTE and must have completed 4 months Electro Technical Officer Course from DG Shipping Approved Institutes. [Applicable to Trainee Electrical Officer].
viii) Valid Indian CDC.
vii) Community Certificate (OBC/SC/ST) & Self- declaration for candidates belonging to OBC category.
ix) In case, the community certificate is issued in any language other than English, an English version of the same, duly signed by a Notary should be uploaded.
x) Signature of the Candidate
Note : Candidate should have digital Photo (upto 50KB),Signature (upto 50KB) and Scanned Certificates pertaining to Qualification , Community , etc., (Colour/ Black & White) ready before applying (Max Seven Certificates, each File (JPG or PDF) upto 250KB which can be merged with one or more).
On successful submission of the on-line application an ‘‘Acknowledgement Number’’ will be generated and the same should be quoted in all future references.
Three copies of the same photograph should be retained for use during further selection process. Candidates are advised not to change their appearance till the recruitment process is complete. Failure to produce the same photograph when required by the Corporation during further selection process, may lead to disqualification.
Application Fee: All the Candidates except those belonging to SC/ST category are required to pay a non‐refundable application fee of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One thousand only) for each application through online mode only. Candidate should ensure that on-line payment of application fee (where applicable) should be completed before filling of application details. The Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and
the fee once paid will not be refunded on any account nor would this fee be held in reserve for future exam/ selection. However, SC/ST are exempted from application fee and the candidates have to upload the proof for exemption of application fee.
2. Selection Methodology.
• The selection is based on performance in Written Test for NCV (Trainees) and Written Test and Interview for Dredge Cadets, Electrical Officers and Marine Engineers.
• Filling up of vacancies is solely at the discretion of the Management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for appointment, if vacancies are not filled due to unsuitability/insufficient number of candidates.
• The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates/testimonials.
3. Number of Vacancies :
• Dredge Cadets on contract basis : 15 [UR- 7 ,OBC- 2 ,SC-5, ST-1 )
• Near Coastal Vessel (Trainees) (GP Rating) on contract basis: 15 (UR-8 ,OBC-4 , SC-2 , ST- 1 )
• Trainee Electrical Officers on contract basis: 15 [UR- 6 ,OBC-5 ,SC-3 , ST-1)
• Trainee Marine Engineers on contract basis : 15 [UR-7,OBC-5,SC-2,ST-1 )
• Vacancies given above are provisional and Management reserves the right to increase/decrease/modify the vacancy requirement at any stage of the recruitment as per its requirement without any further notice or assigning any reasons whatsoever.
During the training period Dredge Cadets will be paid stipend of Rs.15000/- per month,Trainee Electrical Officers will be paid stipend of Rs. 25000/-per month, Trainee Marine Engineers will be paid stipend of Rs.25000/-per month and Near Coastal Vessel (Trainees) will be paid stipend of Rs.10000/- per month. Candidates selected as
Dredge Cadets, Trainee Marine Engineers, Trainee Electrical Officers will have to execute Service Agreement and Surety Bonds to serve DCI for a period of Ten (10) years.
5. General Instructions
• Candidates applying for Near Coastal Vessel (Trainees) shall be born after 15.08.1993 for all categories. In case the age of a candidate selected as Near Coastal Vessel (Trainee) becomes more than 25 years on the date of commencement of onboard training, his selection will automatically be cancelled.
• Candidates applying for TRAINEE ELECTRICAL OFFICER shall be born after 30.06.1988 (relaxable for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/OBC as per the Central Government guidelines).
• DCI takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt or loss in postal transit of any communication. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. DCIL will also not take responsibility to connect any certificate/ remittance sent separately.
• All candidates should possess requisite valid Indian CDC, Passport, INDOS and basic STCW 2010 Certificates
• Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category should upload the caste certificate as per the pro-forma of Govt. of India [Annexure- A (SC/ST) and Annexure-B (OBC)]. For candidates belonging to OBC category, the Community Certificate should, among others, specifically mention that person does not belong to a creamy layer. A self-declaration to that effect is also to be uploaded by the OBC. Candidate in addition to the Community certificate (Annexure-C).
• Applications without supporting documents or incomplete, in any aspect, or not fulfilling the prescribed criteria shall be summarily rejected.
• Before applying online, the candidate should ensure that he fulfills eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in the advertisement. DCI will be free to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process, if the candidate is found to be ineligible. The application fee paid by ineligible candidates shall be forfeited.
No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
• Even after commencement of training, if any error/omission/ or other shortcoming is detected or any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement,the training of such candidates is liable to be terminated immediately.
• Candidature of the registered candidate is also liable to be rejected, if on-line application form is not submitted successfully, or without scanned copies of documents or without application fee (if applicable) or if registered online more than once.
• In case more number of applications are received, Management reserves the right to shortlist the candidates to be called for Written Test and Interview.
• The Reservation for SC/ST/OBC will be as per the Government of India guidelines.
• Management reserves the right to enhance/decrease /modify the criteria for selection or the selection methodology as per the requirement without any further notice or assigning any reasons whatsoever. Mere submission of applications/ calling for Written Test/Interview does not confer any right to claim employment.
• Management reserves the right to cancel the recruitment at any stage without further notice. The decision taken by the management in this aspect will be final and binding. In the event of such cancellation of the recruitment process, candidates will not have any right or claim to employment against the advertisement.
• Differently abled candidates need not apply.
• Out station SC/ST candidates, who are called for Written Test will be reimbursed to and fro sleeper class Train Fare / Bus fare by the shortest route, subject to production of proof of travel.
• Candidates must possess essential qualification in order to apply. Candidates possessing qualifications over and above the essential qualification shall not be extended any added advantage.
• Candidates are requested to visit DCI website www.dredge-india.com at regular intervals for any notification, news, updates, results etc relating to recruitment.
• Candidates have to furnish a valid email id/mobile number in the application form and all communication will be sent to that email id/mobile number only. They have to check the email/SMS regularly. A communication sent to the valid email id furnished by the candidate will be deemed to have been sufficiently served on
the candidate whether he views it or not.
• Vacancies are purely of temporary contractual nature and will not give any right to the candidates to claim regular/permanent employment in Dredging Corporation of India in future.
• The decision of DCI in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced at the time of Written Test/Interview/Selection and any other matter relating to recruitment shall be final and binding on the candidate.
• Canvassing in any form and at any stage will summarily disqualify a candidate from further recruitment process.
• Any dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled within the jurisdiction of Visakhapatnam Court only.
• Applications submitted online after 01.07.2018 at 17.00 hrs will not be considered.
DREDGING CORPORATION OF INDIA LIMITED,
VISAKHAPATNAM- 530 001.
For Notification Click Here