RESERVE BANK OF INDIA
DIRECT RECRUITMENT FOR THE POSTS IN COMMON
SENIORITY GROUP (CSG) STREAMS – PANEL YEAR 2018
Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the Posts: Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria for the advertised posts. The Reserve Bank of India Services Board, hereinafter referred to as ‘Board’ would admit to the Examinations all the candidates applying for this post with the requisite fee/intimation charges (wherever applicable) on the basis of the information furnished in the ONLINE application and shall determine their eligibility only at the final stage i.e. interview stage. If at that stage, it is found that any information furnished in the ONLINE application is false/ incorrect or if according to the Board, the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his/ her candidature will be cancelled and he/she will not be allowed to appear for interview and can be removed from service without notice, if has already joined the Bank.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
Advt No: 06/2018-19
Grade B Officers Vacancies 2018
Age Limit (as on 01-07-2018)
|Sl No||Post Name||Total||Qualification|
|1||Officer in Grade B (DR)- General||127||Bachelor’s degree as well as|
in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent)
& 10th Standard exam.
|2||Officer in Grade B (DR) – DEPR||22||Master Degree with relevant experience|
|3||Officer in Grade B (DR) – DSIM||17|
|Interested Candidates Can Read the Full Notification Before Apply Online|
|Apply Online for Sl No 01||Click here|
|Apply Online for Sl No 2||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click here|
Mode of Application:
Candidates are required to apply only ONLINE through the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in.
No other mode for submission of application is available. Brief Instructions for filling up the “Online Application Form” are given in Appendix-I:
(i) Online applications for Gr B – (DR) – General
(ii) Online applications for DEPR/DSIM
*Department of Economics and Policy Research @ Department of Statistics and Information Management ** The Board reserves the right to make any change in these dates. Candidate will have to appear in only one shift of Phase-I examination. £Candidate will have to appear in all the shifts of Phase II / Paper II & Ill examination.
Help Facility: In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee/intimation charges, or in downloading of Admission Letter, queries may be made through the link http://cgrs.ibps.in Do not forget to mention ‘RBI Officers in Grade ‘B’-‘ DR’ General or DEPR or DSIM in the subject of the email.
Use of MOBILE PHONES and other electronic devices BANNED:
(a) The use of any mobile phone (even in switched off mode), pager or any electronic equipment or programmable device or storage media like pen drive, smart watches etc. or camera or blue tooth devices or any other equipment or related accessories either in working or switched off mode capable of being used as a communication device during the examination is strictly prohibited. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
(b) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured.
(c) Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable/costly items to the Examination Halls, as safekeeping of the same cannot be assured. The Board will not be responsible for any loss in this regard. 6. Corrigendum: Please note that Corrigendum, if any, issued on the above advertisement, will be published only on the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in.
SERVICE CONDITIONS/ CAREER PROSPECTS:
- (i)Pay Scale: Selected Candidates will draw a starting basic pay of Rs. 35,150/- p.m. in the scale of Rs. 35150-1750 (9)-50900-EB-1750 (2)-54400-2000 (4)-62400 applicable to Officers in Grade B and they will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family allowance and Grade Allowance as per rules in force from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments are approximately Rs. 75,831/-(approx.) Note: For candidates possessing very high academic or professional qualification / experience of significant value to the Bank, the Bank may, at its sole discretion, consider granting up to four advance increments. The Board, at its sole discretion, may consider requests for higher emoluments on account of higher qualification/special experience of value to the Bank at the interview stage only. Such information may be furnished in the Bio – data Form in the appropriate column. The number of maximum increments will be four. The Board/Bank will not entertain any request received after the interview.
- (ii) Seniority: Candidates selected from separate recruitments for the post of Officer in Gr. B (DR) for General, DEPR, DSIM streams will join the Common Seniority Group and the seniority among these Officers will be fixed according to the ranking worked out by using the standard percentile score of aggregate marks of selected candidates.
- (iii) Perquisites: Bank’s accommodation subject to availability, reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose, newspaper, telephone charges, book grant, allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility. Free dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility. Interest free festival advance, Leave Fare Concession (once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents). Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Vehicle, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc. Selected candidates will be governed by ‘the defined contribution New Pension Scheme (NPS)’, in addition to the benefit of Gratuity.
- (iv) At certain centres, limited number of residential quarters is available. Facility for securing residential accommodation on lease, however, exists at all centres.
- (v) Initial appointment will be on probation for a period of two years. At Bank’s discretion, the probationary period may be extended up to a maximum period of four years.
- (vi) There are reasonable prospects for promotion to higher grades.
- (vii) Selected candidates are liable to be posted and transferred anywhere in India.
Nationality: a candidate must be either:-
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India
(a) A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st of July, 2018 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1988 and not later than 1st July, 1997. For candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.
(b) The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relatable:
- up to a maximum of five years for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe if the posts are reserved for them.
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates if the posts are reserved for them.
Up to a maximum of five years for ex-employees of banking institutions whose services had to be terminated for reasons of economy or as a result of bank going into liquidation and personnel retrenched from Government Offices after at least one year’s service and currently registered with Employment Exchange.
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st July, 2018 and have been released.
- on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st July, 2018 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency; or
- on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service; or
- on invalidment.
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st July, 2018 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
Up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities. For SC/ST PwBD up to a maximum of 15 years and for OBC PwBD up to a maximum of 13 years, subject to reservation of vacancies under the respective post. Relaxation in upper age limit for PwBD will be subject to the posts having been identified suitable for such disabilities.
For candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank/Financial Institution in Public Sector as also prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of number of completed years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years.
For such candidates, upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned.
5.For eligible staff candidates the relaxation in age limit is according to RBI circular CO. HRMD.No.G-75/5599/05.01.01/2013-2014 dated December 20, 2013.
6.For recruitment to the post of Gr. B (DR)-DEPR/DSIM candidates having Master’s Degree with Research/Teaching experience at a recognised Indian/Foreign University/Institute will be eligible for relaxation in upper age to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned.
Note I: – Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of Para 3 II (b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J & K, Persons with Benchmark Disabilities etc. will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
Note II: – The term Ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
Note Ill: – The age concession under Para 3 II (b) (v) and (vi) will not be admissible to Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs, who are released on own request.
Note IV: – Notwithstanding the provision of age relaxation under Para 3 II (b) (vii) above, a person with benchmark disability will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Bank, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services/Posts to be allocated to the physically disabled candidates by the Bank.