Indian Army 53rd SSC (Men) & 24th SSC (Women)
Brief Information: Indian Army has given a notification of 53rd SSC (Tech-Men) and 24th SSC (Tech-Women) for the unmarried Male & Female Engineering Graduates and also for Widows of Defence Personnel for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army in all Arms/ Services. Course will commence in OCt 2019 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can read the notification & apply Online.
- Staring Date to Apply Online: 23-01-2019 at 12:00 Hrs
- Last Date to Apply Online: 21-02-2019 at 12:00 Hrs
- Name and Total No. of Posts: 53rd SSC Tech (Men) & 24th SSC Tech (Women) Course Oct. 2019
For SSC ITI-53 and SSCW ITI-24
Civil: Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering (Structural)
- Men – 46
- Women – 04
Mechanical: Mechanical Eng., Mechanical (Mechatronics) Eng., Mechanical & Automation Engineering
- Men – 14
- Women – 02
Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics: Electrical Eng., Electrical Eng. (Electronics & Power), Power System Eng., Electrical & Electronics Eng.
- Men – 22
- Women – 02
Aeronautical/ Aviation/ Ballistics/ Avionics: Aeronautical Engineering
- Men – 12
- Women – Nil
Computer Sc & Eng./ Computer Technology/ Information Tech/ M Sc Computer Sc: Computer Eng. Computer Science, Computer Science Eng., Computer Science & Eng., Information Science & Engineering
- Men – 44
- Women – 03
Electronics & Telecom/Telecommunication/Electronics & Communication/ Satellite Communication: Electronics & Telecommunication Eng., Telecommunication Eng., Electronics & Communication Eng., Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering
- Men – 23
- Women – 02
Electronics/Opto Electronics/Fibre Optics/ Micro Electronics & Microwave: Power Electronics & Drives
- Men – 08
- Women – Nil
- Men – 03
- Women – Nil
Architecture/ Building Construction Technology: Architecture Engineering
- Men – 03
- Women – Nil
For Widows of Defence Personnel only
- SSC (W) (Non-Tech) (Non UPSC) – 01
- SSC (W) (Tech – 01
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Army SSC Technical Recruitment 2019
- Nationality: A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- SSC (T) 53rd Men and SSCW (T) 24th Women: 20 to 27 years as on 01st Oct. 2019 (Candidates born between 02nd Oct. 92 and 01st Oct. 1999) (both dates inclusive).
- For windows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only: SSCW (Non-Tech) [Non UPSC] and SSCW(Tech) – A maximum of 35 years of age as on 07th Oct. 2019.
- Note-1: The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
- Note-2: No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- For SSC (Tech) (Men and Women): Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of engineering course are eligible to apply. The candidates studying in the final year examination of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA.
- The candidates studying in the final year of engineering degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01st Oct. 2019 and procedure the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai (Tamil Nadu).
- Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate within the specified time.
- Candidates must note that the minimum educational qualification for induction into SSC (T)-53rd Men and SSC(T) 24th Women is BE/B. Tech degree in the Engineering stream notified below.
- Therefore, to become eligible for induction into SSC(T)-53rd Men and SSC(T)-24th Women course, candidates studying in final year of engineering must complete all the formalities including written, practical, projects, backlogs, viva voce, etc, for award of qualifying BE/B. Tech degree before 01st Oct. 2019 failing which their candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Height & Weight: The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight and for women candidate is 152 cm and 42 kg.
- In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2cms.
- The minimum acceptable visual acuity are distant vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 including Astigmation
- Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Keratotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected
- Candidates who have undergone Lasik Surgery for Correction of reflective error are NOT acceptable
- A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by Board of Service Medical officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical Board.
- The procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) will also be intimated to the candidates. Unfit candidates should report for AMB within a minimum period of 42 days from the date of birth SMB, if they apply for AMB.
Method of Selection
Shortlisting of Applications & SSB Interviews:
- Army Headquarters reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut-off percentage of marks without assigning any reason. Initial checking of applications will be done at Directorate General Recruiting, Army Hqs.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on aggregate percentage of marks scored will be called for and assessed under aegis of Selection Centres, namely Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer and Interviewing Officer.
- Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Army Headquarters and no requests of changes are entertained in this regard.
Two Stage Selection Procedures:
- Two stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test is held at Selection Centres
- All the candidates will face stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres; the candidates who qualify in stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests; those who fail to pass stage one will be returned on the same date.
Indian Army SSC Tech Pay Scale
- Rs.56100/- Per month (Starting pay in Level 10)
- Military Service Pay (MSP) – to the Officers from the rank of Lt. to brig Rs.15500/- per month fixed.
- On successful commissioning, the pay in the Pay Matrix of the Officer Commissioned shall be fixed in first Cell of Level 10 and the period of training shall not be treated as commissioned service and arrears on account of admissible allowances, as applicable, for the training period shall be paid to cadets.
Indian Army SSC Technical Recruitment 2019 Application Form
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on ‘Officers Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration.’
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’. A page ‘Officers Selection – Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments. Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
- Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Candidates are advised to read the notification carefully and then fill up online application form to avoid mistakes, and thereby rejection of application.
Notification: Click Here
Official Website: Click Here